Magnets are composed of atoms such as iron, cobalt, nickel, etc. The internal structure of the atoms is quite special and they have a magnetic moment. In addition, Magnets can generate magnetic fields and have the property of attracting ferromagnetic materials such as iron, nickel, cobalt and other metals.
Different types of magnets have different uses. Let's take a look at them.
Ⅰ. Classification of magnets:
1. Shape magnets: square magnets, tile magnets, special-shaped magnets, cylindrical magnets, ring magnets, disc magnets, bar magnets, magnetic frame magnets.
2. Attribute magnets: samarium cobalt magnets, neodymium iron boron magnets (strong magnets), ferrite magnets, alnico magnets, iron chromium cobalt magnets, industry magnets: magnetic components, motor magnets, rubber magnets, plastic magnets, etc. And other types.
3. Magnets are divided into permanent magnets and soft magnets. Permanent magnets are coupled with strong magnetism, so that the spin and electron angular momentum of the magnetic substance are arranged in a fixed direction, while soft magnetism is coupled with electricity. (It is also a method of adding magnetic force) When the current is removed, the soft iron will gradually lose its magnetism.
Ⅱ. The practical use of different types of magnets:
1. Neodymium permanent magnets are modern permanent magnets with strong magnetic properties, which are widely used. The following shows the practical uses of magnets.
It is mainly used in electroacoustics, permanent magnet motors, communications, automotive electronics, magnetic machinery, aerospace, computers, household appliances, medical equipment, office automation, toys, packaging boxes, leather products, magnetic accessories and other fields.
2. The permanent magnet ferrite is used as a permanent magnet in electric meters, generators, telephones, speakers, televisions and microwave devices. It is also used in recorders, pickups, speakers, and the magnetic cores of various meters, radar, communications, navigation, telemetry and other electronic equipment.
3. The working temperature of samarium-cobalt magnet can be as high as 300 degrees, and it has anti-corrosion and anti-oxidation properties. It has been widely used in detectors, generators, radars, meters, and other precision technology fields.